Resale Store E-Commerce Associate
Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice Mission
Our mission is to provide compassionate care and quality of life to all those in need. The Richardson Hospice Resale Store provides quality merchandise at affordable prices. Selections include antiques, estate items, furniture, fine jewelry, collectibles, holiday items, clothing and more! All proceeds benefit the Sharon S. Richardson Community Hospice Patient Care Fund!
Reporting to the Manager, the Production Associate is responsible for sorting, pricing and preparing merchandise for sale according to production and workflow standards. This position is also responsible for maintaining and managing the backroom workflow and other duties as assigned including ensuring a positive customer experience and product workflow in both the front and back of the store.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Photographing items to post on-line, ensuring proper lighting, cleanliness and item markings and defects are shown.
- Assisting with research to verify authenticity, value, age, etc. of posted items.
- Writing detailed, accurate, creative item descriptions to maximize visibility.
- Assisting in the selection of products, as needed
- Posting items daily to eCommerce website
- Categorizing items to indicate those listed, vs. those ready for shipment, to ensure accuracy by other team members.
- Ensuring quick but accurate placement of high-quality merchandise on-line
- Meeting production numbers as set by divisional management
- Ensuring loss prevention guidelines are followed
- Assisting in the packaging/shipping process as needed to meet volume requirements and maintain customer satisfaction
- Ensuring accurate scanning of books is completed for on-line sale
- Assisting the Extended Employment Services employees with learning the scanning and sorting processes related to the e-books function
- Maintaining the safety, cleanliness and organization of the eCommerce area to help facilitate success of enclave employees.
- Communicating safety or loss prevention issues to ensure quick resolution
- All other duties assigned by the eCommerce Manager
- Complying to Agency policies and procedures
- Assuring all functions of the backroom are running smoothly
- Receive donations from donors with a welcoming attitude
- Maintain accurate records of donations and incoming merchandise
- Assist with sorting, cleaning, testing, and organizing donations
- Assist with pricing of merchandise
- Assist in coordination and retrieval of scheduled community donations as directed by management
- Performing duties according to safety expectations and procedures
- Ensuring the physical safety of the back room and sales floor
- Preparing for production station before and cleaning the station after every shift
- Communicating safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- All other duties assigned by the General Manager
The E-Commerce/Backroom Assistant will be a proven leader with the following:
- Proficiency in Windows Office environments
- Knowledge of digital camera use and ability to take high quality digital photos for online listings
- Strong knowledge of internet research skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, retail experience helpful
- A valid license, current insurance and good driving record
- Outstanding research and troubleshooting abilities, including on-line research
- Proven exceptional writing, grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to write creative descriptions to capture attention
- Knowledge of unusual, valuable or collectible merchandise
- Familiarity with a warehousing and/or shipping environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly
- Ability to deal with dust and/or mold
- Tolerant of long periods of time sitting in front of computer monitor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Retail experience preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Excellent customer service skills and friendly demeanor
- Integrity and honesty
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team environment, particularly with volunteer staff
- Self-motivated and self-aware
- Problem solving skills