Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program
Recruit, Utilize, Support
An important component of the We Honor Veterans Program is the Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program. This volunteer program pairs Veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as Veterans. Veteran volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient, creating an environment where life review and healing may occur.
What is the importance of Veteran Volunteers?
- Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality Hospice care.
- Veterans are a part of a distinct culture with their own common language and experience.
- When Veterans interact, their common language and experience can form a strong relational bond.
- The camaraderie created between Veterans has proven to be supportive for all involved.
What activities can Veteran Volunteers do?
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing and telling life stories.
- Educate and assist patients in receiving Veteran benefits.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies and distribute certificates for Veterans Day and other recognition events.
- Assist in replacing lost medals.
For more information on the We Honor Veterans program, contact Lisa Falk at 920-467-7948.
For questions regarding hospice services, please call 920-467-1800.
Education & Community Services
We Honor Veterans